Saturday 18 January 2014

What Really Grinds My Gears...

That people think I am uneducated just because for the time being I work in a supermarket. It makes me angry so much. Yeah okay, you aren't to know that I went to University but to belittle me and make me feel like crap by asking me "Did you even go to college?" just hurts. I worked super hard to achieve the 2:1 that I got awarded and it isn't as easy as it was back in the days of black and white to just jump into your dream job. There are often hundreds of applicants for one job vacancy and unless you have a 1st and stand out heads and shoulders above the rest, unfortunately that job is not yours. I don't even know what I want to do with my life and at the moment I'm just happy earning money.
 I'd love to just walk around with a sandwich board at work with "I am university educated. Leave me the fuck alone."
June 2012 Leeds Metropolitan University

No comments:

Post a Comment