Tuesday 21 January 2014

Glossybox January 2014

I always get a little bit giddy when I see a white Mini come tootling down the road because I also know there's going to be goodies waiting for me, and today was the January Glossybox!
I've been a Glossybox subscriber for over a year now and most of the time I have always been impressed but for the last couple of months I have felt a little bit let down by the products they have sent and it seems others, according to the Glossybox Facebook and Twitter pages, are in agreement to this. This month was a sort of so so month. Nothing to exciting but nothing too shite! 

So the theme of this months box is "back to basics". Its basically a box designed to give you a boost in the new year after all the food and boozing over the Christmas period. The box has had a slight redesign. The pink is more of a candy floss pink and is a lot more glossier. The lid is a lot bigger and does feel a lot sturdier. 
Glossybox opened up with the Glossy magazine and products list. The Glossy magazine concentrates on New Year cleansing with detox diets and recipes, all the new must-have beauty products and advice from the glossy beauty experts. 

Inside the box:
1. Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream (2x 3g samples) - "This multi-use cult moisturising cream from Japan revamps your skin, enriching it with vitamin E, vitamin B2, camphor and a uniquely high glycerine content. It's an essential for all skin care regimes."
I've never actually heard of this brand before and the glossy mag contains a page with a brief history about the brand and how it is a trusted skincare brand in Japan. I suffer with terribly dry skin, especially in the winter months when I shed like a snake, so I always love to try new moisturising products to see which ones my skin approves of. It feels super soft on the skin but has a slight chemical smell to it that gradually disappears as it seeps into the skin. The samples are a bit stingy but they do give you two!
 (ha!). 

2. Balance Me Super Toning Body Wash (50 ml sample) - "With a blend of juniper, bergamot, geranium and lavender essential oils, Balance Me's Super toning body wash is the best way to start your day!"
Three words: I hate lavender. It just reminds me of old people and those horrible hottie toys that you put in the microwave.The only real thing it has going for it is that its a mostly natural product and their brand has been described as : "everything your skin might need and nothing it doesn't” so it is nice to know that your skin isn't being covered in horrible chemicals that could be doing more damage than good!

3. The Vintage Cosmetic Company Floral Slanted Tweezers - "Get rid of boring brows with these pretty floral tweezers by The Vintage Cosmetic Company. These high quality, stainless steel must-haves are the perfect accompaniment for every vintage doll's make up bag."
Lovely floral design. Really lightweight. But the sight of tweezers always makes me cringe with the thought of the pain of pulling out eyebrow hairs (hence why mine are so awful!) But I am definitely going to force myself to try them! If not, at least they will be handy for applying those falsies!
4. Anatomicals Puffy The Eye Bag Slayer Wake-Up Under Eye Patches (3 pack) - "Looking like the walking dead? These under eye patches by Anatomicals will help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and revitalise the delicate skin around your eyes!"
I don't really suffer from dark patches around my eyes and I'm only 22 so not many wrinkles and fine lines as of yet! Sometimes I do feel that Glossybox should look at the age ranges of their customers to make sure the box is suitable to their age, but I will give them a try. If they do nothing for me then I'm sure my mum will love them!

5. Vaseline Essential Moisture Lotion (50 ml sample) - "Is your skin weathering the elements? If so, then you need the Essential Moisture Lotion from Vaseline. It's non-greasy formulation and multi-layer complex absorbs quickly leaving your skin silky smooth and looking healthy."
Vaseline is a must-have beauty product that anyone and everyone should have in their homes. It smells nice and always leaves my skin feeling refreshed and moisturised. I do think that it shouldn't be included in a Glossybox because many people will already have tried and tested this brand before when really the box should include new and exciting brands 

Overall, nothing too extravagant. Nothing that has made me go oooh! Here's to hoping that the next months box will be an improvement. 


No comments:

Post a Comment