Sunday 2 February 2014

Best and Worst January 2014

I love to try out new products all the time, trying to find the one that suits me perfectly. Last month I bought two new products that excited me. The first being the Fudge Urban hairspray in a eye catching, gorgeous bright pink and orange bottle scented with Iced Raspberry and Vanilla. 
"indulge the senses and lock in your style with seductive Urban Iced Raspberry & Vanilla Strong Hold hairspray. Spray all over your finished style for soft to touch hair and 24 hours of hold. Anti frizz properties smooth and seal loose ends leaving your hair feeling natural while keeping your style in place all day!"

First off; the scent. It smells ever so slightly of raspberry and vanilla. It still has that chemical hairspray smell which ruins the whole excitable illusion of it going to smell super duper sweet and yummy. 
Secondly, it does not leave your hair smooth. I know its a very strong hold hairspray and they tend to make your hair stiffen slightly but this takes it too a whole new level. No matter how far away I sprayed, it made my hair very matted and didn't look smoothed out and more frizzy than I started out with. I also noticed that by the end of the day I had little patches of dry hairspray that looked like frikkin dandruff (the last thing you would want!). Apart from the pretty bottle and the ever so slightly different scent to other hairspray's its a total waste of money and will be rarely used. Maybe I'll spray it as a home fragrance! 2/10

The second product I bought was the W7 Prime Magic Anti-Dull Skin Balancing Primer - Camera Ready. I'd never heard of this brand before and only came across it when looking for a new , but relatively cheap primer to buy on Amazon. I checked the reviews and they all seemed pretty positive and for £2.90 it seemed like a total winner. 


The colour was a bit scary at first, BRIGHT PURPLE and it is quite thick compared to other primers I have used before. But this is a little purple miracle! Once applied it makes your skin feel so soft as if you've pampered yourself all day with face masks. My foundation goes on my skin like a dream now, its more even and the primer gives me a healthy glow which I don't have without it. It fills in all those unsightly pores and even slightly hides my acne scars. It also makes my make up stay on all day! I applied my foundation at about half 1 this afternoon, had a sweaty session at the gym and 9 hours later my foundation still looks pretty darn good! I'm definitely sticking with this primer! Cheap and cheerful but does the job better than any other more expensive products I've ever used. 9/10 Highly recommend.


1 comment:

  1. Hello! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! :) Your blog is lovely. The rules and questions are on my blog! x

    ReplyDelete