Sunday 16 February 2014

February 2014 Glossybox!

Oh.my.goody.gosh!
Best one yet!
First off the box is just fabulous! Obviously Valentines themed (boo!) with lots of different shades of red and pink lipstick kisses (which links in with their competition on the inside...). It was obvious that February's box would be Valentines/pretty pink and girly things themed and I was thoroughly impressed since many of the last boxes I have received were shockingly awful.
So I was greeted by six very different items and six items that I was rather excited to get! 
First off: CHOCOLATE, LINDT CHOCOLATE! Lindt is the best tasting chocolate on this planet and I've never had a bar of it only the little chocolate balls you get at Christmas and Easter and I thought it was a cute little touch ya know for all those single pringles out there who might want to indulge in a fair bit of chocolate on V-Day (e.g me) and at 79p its fairly cheap for a Lindt product. I may have to buy more as we got a code for 25% off our next purchase, ooooh!

Ciaté London Pain Pot in Red Hot Chilli - Full Size £9 for 13.5ml
"Do you want stunningly sophisticated looking nails? Look no further than a Ciate Paint Pot. These lovingly chosen and high performance formulas provide you with an effortless nail colour."
This was the product I got most excited about. I've always wanted to try one of these polishes, they've always had amazing reviews and the actual pot is so cute with the little black bow on the front. The colour is an orangey- red and is so pigmented. It says apply two coats and a "speed coat" to seal in the manicure but man this only really needs one coat and its a block red colour. I've worn it all weekend and haven't chipped them as of yet. I think now I am definitely going to invest in some more colours of these beauties!

Nougat London Sparkling Body Shimmer Full Size £14 for 250 ml.
"Add radiance to your skincare regime with Sparkling Body Shimmer. This body lotion with mallow extract, vitamin E and wheat-germ oil will leave your skin luxuriously perfumed with a hint of sparkle."
At first I thought this was more of a shower gel because of its consistency and colour/glitteryness but it is actually a really nice moisturiser. It sinks right into your skin and leaves it feeling smooth and glowing but I am not so keen on the glitter in it, it makes me feel like I'm back to being in the late 90's early 00's with roll on glitter as a child. 
Toni & Guy Hair Meet Wardrobe Stick It Up Gum Full Size £7.20 for 90ml
"Fed up of fly-aways? Toni & Guy's Stick It Up Gum holds and controls for a gravity defying, high shine finish."
I'm not really one for applying anything other than hairspray to style my hair. I always found that waxes and gums made my hair look wet and greasy or end up with sticky white bits in my hair which is not a nice look. The product isn't gloopy and applys well to my hair but I don't think I will use this product much so I shall pass it onto my brother!

Maybelline New York Master Kajal Liner One Size £5.99 for 13g
"Master the art of seductive eyes and inner line intensity in one easy stroke with Maybelline's Master Kajal cream-stick liner."
Second favourite product. I am obsessed with eye liner and go through it like a mad woman. Its like one big black crayon that doesn't need to be sharpened. Which is amazing because sharpening eyeliners is the absolute bane of my life because I always end up spilling the shavings all over my floor so it will be a nice welcome change.
Miners Cosmetics Cocktail Kiss in Manhattan One Size £2.99 for 12ml
"Be the flavour of the month with Cocktail Kiss! Inspired by the world's best cocktails, each shade has its own unique flavour so you can whip up the perfect pout."
This lip gloss is based on the Manhattan cocktail which is Vermouth, Whisky, bitters, maraschino cherry and orange peel. It smells and tastes really sweet and the main scent is of the cherry. The actual gloss is a mixture of a glittery light pink and red colour all swirled together but as with most lip glosses its very gloopy and I really don't like that feeling on my lips and I hate it when I get my hair all caught up in it. 

I'm glad that this months box offered a wide variety of products and with brands that I haven't heard of or tried before.
What did you think of this months box?
What was your favourite product? 




No comments:

Post a Comment